Great for the three-day weekend! Enjoy!
A marinade guaranteed to make your chicken breasts tender and juicy, this one has a little bit of everything…in just the right proportions.
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup sherry
2 tablespoons ground mustard
2 teaspoons honey
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
In a large glass bowl, stir together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, sherry, mustard, and honey. Mix in the garlic, brown sugar, lemon pepper, oregano, rosemary, and salt. Place the chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill for high heat.
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.